October 18, 2010
I was looking for Willow Smith’s new video for her song on Youtube and this was the first thing that popped up and THANK GOD FOR IT! I was shocked, smiling and wanted to die laughing when everything Bruce (DCfan4life) said in the first verse. I can related to all of that! The hair being flat when I lay down, to loose hairs on my shoulders and especially to people telling me what to do with my hair. “You should have it braided” Done that. Twice. “When are you going to cut your hair?” Not anytime soon.
I Liked, Favorite and Subscribe before the video was done. The song is really catchy, a funny spoof of Willow’s song and the beat is by Mike “Klassicmaster” Kalombo. It’s Frotastic.
“I’m fly, I know, I love my afro”
May 11, 2010
Man I should have done this a looooong time ago, I’ve gotten so many questions about my hair this past week. It’s not that I’ll tell people to go here to get the answers, I just wanted to vent and let ya’ll know how much attention and looks I get. I get most of these questions when I’m meeting someone new. It’s a good ice breaker. Hey it is! Here’s the official info about my afro, clearing up any rumors or questions remaining.
1. How long did it take you to go that? From what I can remember, I stop getting a hair cut after August 2008. Let it grow out and got a pick in December and picked it out.
2. Have you gotten it braided? Yes, twice. First time January 2009, then this January again.
3. How long is it when braided? The end of the braids are a little long.
4. Have you gotten it straighten? Yes and it was shoulder length.
5. How long does it take to pic it out? Ten minutes tops. A bit longer after I take a shower because my hair gets curly when wet.
6. How long are you going to keep it? Maybe when I graduate, I’ll shave it off.